Spacious Room for Rent for Private Events
right off Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia
Need a room bigger than your work cubicle, but not the size of a huge wedding hall? WalnutSpace at 2017 Walnut Street (Second floor) is mere seconds from Rittenhouse Square and Center City Philadelphia and is now available for Rent by the Hour/Day/Weekend. Stop by to see the room for yourself weekdays from noon until 8pm. Please email us for all reservation requests while we get our online booking system up and running.
Click here for Directions. There are two hourly parking lots on the corner of 20th & Walnut, and we're 15 minutes walk from SEPTA's Suburban Station.
- 450 sq. ft. Room with 12 foot ceilings
- 37" LED Video Display & Room Sound System
- Wired & WiFi Networked
- Refinished to Building's 1890 Roots
- Brand New Power Outlets, Lights and Heat
- Unisex Bathroom on First Floor
- Kitchenette and Drink Vending for Guests
- Lockers for Temporary Secure Storage
- Bicycle Friendly, Easy Access, Centrally Located
- Board Meetings
- Classroom Space
- Photo / Fashion Shoot
- Business Presentations
- Social Meetups
- Yoga / Tai Chi Classes
- LAN Parties
- Private Events & Parties
- Film / Video Set
- $50/hour (1 hr minimum)
- $500/day (12 Hour Day from 9a-9p)
- $800/weekend (Saturday 9a - Sunday 9p)
- Discounts available for Non-Profits and Volunteer Organizations
WalnutSpace Interior Pictures
Here's some of the features of the room, including a detail of the ornate crown moulding.
Our street address is 2017 Walnut Street in Philadelphia. There is a small green domed awning over our entrance, and there is a empty salon in the front retail space. We're a few steps down from the Irish triumvirate of bars (Pub, Cafe, Bards).
If you step inside the vestibule of the building, you can use the electronic directory box on the wall to dial Walnut Space
or Under Design
, and they can buzz you into the building. A quick set of steps up to the second floor where our huge 17 feet x 26 feet room is open and lit by two huge windows facing south.
Click here for Directions to our address in Philadelphia.
There is street parking on Walnut and surrounding streets (20th & 21st), however there is no parking on Walnut between 3:30pm and 6:30pm due to rush hour
(All three lanes of Walnut St. are open to traffic). There are parking lots on the corner of 20th and 22nd. There is also free 30-minute loading zone
on Walnut across the street from our building in front of the Wanamaker House at 2022 Walnut.
- Please keep the inside Front Door locked at all times and do not let anyone in the building that you do not know personally.
- This is a multi-use building, with residential units on higher floors. Do not wander beyond the public areas on the first and second floors of this building.
- Do not prop the front doors open for incoming guests, all Visitors must use the intercom system and the Host can remotely allow them in.
Our building is well over a hundred years old, and we still find hilariously outdated artifacts (Natural Gas Lights, Porcelain Knob and Tube Wiring) from its initial build everywhere during the construction and renovation of this glorious hallmark of yesteryear. However, upgrading the infrastructure of the building to accommodate handicapped users would destroy much of the classic architecture elements that we seek to preserve. We apologize profusely for our inability to welcome all customers.